Search This Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Day With Nathan


Today, thanks to my wonderful hubby and his great ideas, we had a Mommy and Nathan only morning. After much debate, I decided to take him to the Dollar Tree to pick up a new puzzle and then to the mall for a caroussell ride. This was so exciting! So off to the Dollar Tree we went with a quick stop at Wendy's for a cheeseburger that he had requested. Lunch at 10am? Why not! :-) While we were driving Nathan kept asking where the "puzzle store" was, probably about 10 times minimum in a 15 minute drive. So there was excitement after all! We strolled through the Dollar Tree, looked through quite a few puzzles, picked 4 (yep, I can't say no!), strolled through the toy isles discussing various toys, picking some craft kits for presents and then paying. We went to the Learning Palace (Oh do I love this store!). They have a great Thomas the Train setup we played with for a while. Nathan was definitely having fun and I can't believe I walked out of there spending only $2! Originally the plan was to go to the mall and ride the caroussell there but then Nathan decided he wanted to go to the library instead as they have awesome dinosaur toys. Happily I drove him there where we checked out books about fire which he's been reading ever since and played lots with dinosaurs. On the way home I asked him if he had fun and he said yes. When I asked him what his favorite thing to do today was (and I thought he'd say getting new puzzles) he answered without hesitation: "Playing with you mommy". Made me teary-eyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment