Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Happy Birthday My Wonderful Man!

Yesterday we celebrated the most wonderful husband's birthday. The only thing he wished for was his much-loved crab and of course he got plenty of that. :-) The kids surprised him with their version of the Polar Express train filled with white Lindt chocolates and home-made rice krispy treats. All of the US side of the family came to celebrate and it was a very nice evening, accompanied by German lasagna and Ratatouille (thanks to my mom and Matze & Mandy).
But what I was mostly wanting to write about is just how amazing this man is that I'm married to. He's not only re-directed my life (I was in a pretty sad spot when I met him), he's completely turned me around and made me into a life-loving, truly happy person. I cannot thank you enough for that! But as if that were not enough, he is an amazing father. He can get his son to do anything with a smile on his face (this power eludes me) and just the mere mention of "old MacDonald" can get our girl out of any cry, no matter how sad. His children adore him and that of course makes the mama happy. He works hard, has made his own business working from home so he can spend more time with us, makes quality time count, is funny, athletic (a family joke), handsome, helpful, a gentleman, conservative, strong in his believes, strong for us, and the list could go on and on. I'm very blessed to be married to such an outstanding man. Happy Birthday, babe!
How to make my man happy? Crab!!!

1 comment:

  1. Blah, blah, blah. We all knoow how delusional you are, but if it keeps you loving me like you do, then by all means, please stay insane. You imply that I was in this great place in my life when we met, which we all know was not the case. You have transformed me at least as much as you have changed.

    Seriously though, thank you for the awesome birthday and the mouthwatering crabs. I can still taste them......and yes I did brush my teeth.

    No regrets, great memories, great love, and much more corn to come,
    Daveman

    ReplyDelete