Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

Breakfast Yummies

Here's what you'll need:

1/2 cup cooked quinoa, preferably warmed
6-7 frozen cherries that are thawed in the microwave and therefore slightly warmed
1 Tablespoon sliced almonds
1 teaspoon golden flax seeds (freshly ground)
drizzle of honey

Combine all ingredients for a yummy, yummy and did I mention delicious and healthy breakfast. Obviously this receipe can be adjusted in oh so many ways.
Receipe was inspired by this receipe here.

Now if I could only figure out how to pronounce "Quinoa".....

2 comments:

  1. I looked it up and its apparently pronounced 'keen-wah' :) now we are both enlightened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, LOVE quinoa for breakfast! In fact, my kids look at me like I have 3 heads if I make a savory version to have with dinner. "Uh, Mom? Isn't this like oatmeal?"

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete