Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Deliciousness in a Tub

Found a receipe recently that sounded interesting. You can find the original here. But the original uses Ricotta cheese which no one in my family is really fond of. Also omitted the pistacchios as we didn't care for them too much in this receipe. What to use instead of ricotta? I was going to get mascarpone and mix it with honey. But then... I saw it... There it was in the deli case, my newfound food love: Coffee Mascarpone by BelGioioso. Not sure what to expect, I opened the tub for a taste as soon as I got home and let me tell you, it was going fast. Instead of making something out of healthy figs, I ended up just using the figs as a medium to get the mascarpone in my mouth... Ladyfingers would probably do well too. It's all natural and so good. Anyways, so the new receipe (ignore the pistaccios in the picture) is just to cut figs in half (remove the stem if it's still on them) and then top with coffee mascarpone. Yum!






A little while ago I made a commitment to better table scapes. Here's an update on that with another thanks to the Apples of Gold program (seriously, if you haven't been, you need to go!).




No comments:

Post a Comment