Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Tricked Them!

And I'm proud of it too! I tricked my kids into drinking spinach smoothies. And they loved them. Well, I didn't exactly deceive them, I just put the smoothies in front of them and they drank them up. Didn't even question the new color. Told them afterwards they had spinach in their smoothies and Nathan simply goes: "What is spinach? Is that leaves?" After an affirmation, he simply went on with life.

Here's the recipe:

1/4 cup spinach leaves (fresh)
1/4 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
1/2 TBS honey
1/2 TBS real maple syrup (Nathan is really into having maple syrup and honey in the same dish)
1/2 cup milk (or more depending on how runny you want your smoothie to be)
1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1/2 banana (previously frozen)

Put all ingredients in your Magic Bullet or mixer and run the thing until everything is smooth. You should have a wonderfully tasty smoothie that is also very nutritious. And honestly, you can't even taste the spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment