Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

Someone Else's Pictures

We're visiting Grampy and Grandma tonight, much to the delight of the kids who have been stuck at home due to sickness. After the smell of fishsticks sent me running for another room (things are so unexpected with this pregnancy), I found myself in Grampy's office. Grampy's computer had some old pictures of the kids. Don't you just love older pictures you haven't seen for a while? Thought I'd share some:


Grampy doing what he loves best, having his grandkids in his lap. Abby is so little, it makes me laugh. This was when Cars shoes still outruled all super heroes.


Grampy delights in smiling babies.


Nathan's second Halloween. He's helping himself to Grampy's candy. Apparently it didn't take him long to figure out that if the candy transfers from the glass bowl to Elmo, then it becomes his. And another thing, what were we thinking with the frog costume???? Well, that was me. David is innocent.


I'd most likely would have bet this wasn't my child. Looks so different in this picture. With Grampy's glasses. At least he'd look really cute if he'd ever need glasses.


This was hilarious. Nathan didn't realize yet that people could see him through the chair. He thought that because he was hiding, no one would be able to see him. Of course Grampy played into that. :-)


Grampy and the kids have a real bond. We are very blessed to have a Grampy, a Grandma and an Oma. They all love their grandkids tremendously and they are a great blessing to us. One blessing of those thousands that come with grandparents are someone else's pictures.

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! Especially the picture with the transfer of the candy happening . . .
    I also love going through old pictures and reminiscing. My mom left some of her old photo albums at my house and I've been having a blast looking through everything.

    ReplyDelete