Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My New Favorite Salad

Today is finally my last day of bed rest! Cannot wait to get off this couch and have my kids back (although I'm sure they are having a blast at Grampy's house, getting spoiled). But couch/bed rest definitely had some positives. For one, I've been scrolling through a gazillion recipes and watched a ton of cooking shows. One recipe I had all the ingredients on hand for was a Kale Salad with Maple Poppyseed Dressing posted over at SimpleBites.net. I made it because it sounded intriguing and let's face it, sitting on the couch for a week, I gained a bit more weight than I should have. That's apparently a side effect of boredom and watching cooking shows all day. Plus, there is that tiny little girl inside of me who deserves better. So greens and veggies was on the menu and I have to say, this salad was very satisfying and just oh, so yummy. Almost like eating dessert. Almost.
Had the poppy seed dressing with the honey instead of maple syrup and for add-ons, there were almonds, dried cranberries and lots of sour granny smith apple. It was really good. It's sour, sweet, crunchy and has really good texture. The dressing stands up nicely to the kale. Go here for this recipe and another fennel salad which also looks intriguing.
Have I told you yet how happy I am for life to resume to normal? Miss my kids. At least David works from home and that is and always has been awesome. Love my life. We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment