Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nesting Instinct

My nesting instinct has definitely set in. I think it's coupled with spring cleaning. So the days are spent running through the house and seeing one million things that need to be done by me before the baby arrives. :-) One such project that has been on my heart for quite some time is re-upholstering our dining room chairs. We bought them before we had kids and the sales man talked us into lighter fabric since it was after all Scotch guarded. Who would have thought of tomato spills that soak overnight, the Sharpie pen coloring marks, the glitter glue, and other various spills that just won't come out? This time around, we went for a pattern in darker colors.


Before picture. You really can't see how dingy and dirty the fabric is, but trust me, it was.


New and beautiful chairs! Love them so!





New and improved dining room (in process still). It makes me happy to walk by these chairs. Thankfully David helped me too. Because of the way the chairs are built, there were quite a few challenges and without him, I would have given up halfway, in tears. Thank you my wonderful hubby for helping me and making my days brighter with pretty chairs. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment