Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Oma is for Our Mom is Amazing


Today we sadly dropped my mom off at the airport to send her back home. She's been staying with us for the past five weeks to help us out after baby Isabelle arrived. She's been a fantastic help and it would have been very hard without her. She took care of kids, us, the house. She cooked, cleaned, ironed, scrubbed, decorated, re-arranged. She let me sleep in and catch up. She taught me once again that making a pretty breakfast table and sitting together there is fun. She rocked Isabelle to sleep most nights, went to all appointments with us, washed our laundry, folded it and put it away. Did my dishes every day. Carried Isabelle everywhere when David wasn't with us. She was here for Nathan's birthday and when he broke his arm (blog post to follow). She even enjoyed some of my meals that I cooked for her. (Yeah! :-) ) She was my garage-sale, treasure-hunting buddy. Most of all, she was great company. On the way home, Nathan said that he was hoping he was having a dream and Oma would be back in the morning. Abigail agreed and said that she wishes Oma was still here.
I miss my mom. Next week will be hard.

1 comment:

  1. Precious picture! I know you are going to miss mom, but I know you are ready to get back into the full swing of thing...yeah right!!! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete