Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Sleep?

Continually interrupted sleep. Ah, the dark side of motherhood. Give me a sick child, a vomiting child, hungry kids, stressful days, a dirty house, loads of laundry, too many errands - I can manage with those. But nights of very little sleep bring me to the edge. It makes me cry.
Last night was one of those nights. All three of my children felt to urge to wake up. 2/3 of them multiple times. I originally expected to get up for Abigail since she was sick (vomiting and fever). But she had stopped vomiting and got up four times anyway. Three times just to go to the bathroom and ready to get up for the day (in the middle of the night). Isabelle, who goes to sleep early in the evening and then wakes up once in the wee hours of the morning and then once between 6 and 7am, decided to add an extra feeding. Nathan also woke up once due to growing pains. I have to admit, the last time Abby woke up, I didn't even go. My wonderful husband went for me. When Abigail was ready for the day and daylight no longer afforded me the option to send her back to bed, I was sure the day would be a disaster. Trying to find the positive in all this, the only thing that made it less bad was the thought that most likely, this was one of the last nights this would happen. The stars really have to align for this to happen at this point. That is comforting to know. But I have to admit, it turned out to be a good day. I managed to do homework with Nathan, spent time with all three kids, do laundry, make 63 cinnamon rolls (yep, that's right!), did my usual daily chores, did a little yard work, went to three stores. Now it's evening, I can finally go to bed and guess what? That's right. I'm not tired....

1 comment:

  1. Those nights are the worst. The only good part about those nights is when you do get some sleep, you feel amazing in comparison. Still sounds like you got more done than I do on a good day, though! :)

    ReplyDelete