Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Meal Planning

Before I had Isabelle, meal planning was a weekly scheduled task for me. I'd plan three meals for the week and make a big batch of each meal so that it would last for six days total. On Sundays we'd have left-overs or something made out of the left-overs (such as a pasta, pizza, quesadilla). It happened every week.
Then Isabelle was born. At first I was giving myself some slack. After all, we just had a baby. Well, she's four months old. That excuse just doesn't work anymore. Last week one of the blogs on the sidebar started a series on meal planning. That was the nudge I needed. So, in order to keep me more accountable, I will try to post my weekly menu plans here. (We'll see how it goes.) Maybe you'll find some great new recipes for your family.

Breakfast
Muesli Parfaits (Nathan adores these. So do I.) - Ellie Krieger
Oatmeal cooked in milk with brown sugar & maple syrup
Vanilla Granola - Allrecipes
Pancakes - Ellie Krieger

Lunches
Our lunches are always platters of fruit, cheeses, veggies, yogurt, sandwiches, hard-boiled eggs and the likes.

Dinners
Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps (yum!) - Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Pot Roast - Pioneer Woman

Dessert
Blackberry Cobbler #1 Pioneer Woman (oh, so good!)

Snacks/Preps
Peanut Butter Puffs (Healthy rice crispy treats) - Lisa Atwood's Cookbook for Kids
Oatmeal Whole Wheat Quick Bread (first try) - Allrecipes
Whole Wheat Carrot Zucchini Cake (first try) - Finding Joy in my Kitchen
Strawberry Freezer Jam - recipe on pectin boxes
Vanilla Granola (see breakfast)



No comments:

Post a Comment