Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Be Still

Do you have a verse that really speaks to you? Although I love (that would be capital L-O-V-E) many verses in the bible, one that seems to always come back to me is this one:

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

You need to know that sitting still is very hard for me to do. Just ask my husband. Whenever it's time for us to relax together, it takes me a few times to actually sit down for good. (Thanks for being patient, my love!) My whole being is seldom still. It's actually mostly the opposite.
A few years back my husband gave me a display statue with various bible verses to take to work. Those verses were such a great gift. I looked at them every day and they kept my head straight in a sometimes turbulent environment.
One of those verses was Psalm 46:10. It speaks to me like no other. And every time I'm still and listen to God, it's amazing to see what he does and who he is. He blows me away. Absolutely amazes me. He is God. More and more I know.

What is your verse?

No comments:

Post a Comment