Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Meal Plan

Got most of last week's meal plan done! I didn't get the zucchini-carrot cake done or the bread (since we still had too much other bread). All of the dinner dishes were really yummy and all of them have been incorporated into our regular dinner binder.
This week I'm working on using my pantry stashes. Here we go for this week:

Breakfast
Muesli Parfaits - Ellie Krieger
Oatmeal cooked in milk with brown sugar & maple syrup
Vanilla Granola - Allrecipes
Easy Breakfast Casserole - Heavenly Homemaker (We make ours with deli ham and onions and bell peppers. So easy, so good.)
Scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa wrapped in tortilla

Lunches
This week we'll also incorporate some wraps as David has requested those. We'll fill it with cream cheese, deli meat, spinach and sometimes other sliced veggies. Mine is usually cheese with sliced veggies and a little salad dressing or avocado.

Dinners
Three Bean and Beef Chili - Ellie Krieger (I'll use leftover chicken from the freezer instead of beef)
Pizza Casserole - a friend of mine e-mailed this to me. I'm using my sauce from this post. See bottom of post
Tacos - no particular recipe.

Dessert
Blueberry Cobbler (first try) - cooks.com

Snacks/Preps
Peanut Butter Puffs (Healthy rice crispy treats) - Lisa Atwood's Cookbook for Kids
Oatmeal Whole Wheat Quick Bread (first try) - Allrecipes
Whole Wheat Carrot Zucchini Cake (first try) - Finding Joy in my Kitchen (will make this as muffins and freeze
More Vanilla Granola (see breakfast) (It is really tasty.)
Mini Banana Muffins (Have some overripe bananas. These freeze really well. I got the recipe from a friend but no reference as to where it is from. Therefore I won't post it. )


Pizza Casserole

You need:
Pasta
Jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
Meat - cooked
Other toppings such as onions, olives, peppers (chopped or sliced)
Italian cheese

Boil pasta and toss it together with sauce. Combine meat with pasta/sauce and other toppings. Put into buttered casserole dish. Top with cheese(s) and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden.

This is not my recipe. It was e-mailed to me who got it from a friend, from a friend....


No comments:

Post a Comment