Search This Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving


There are too many things I need to say thanks for. If I said thanks all day long, it would not be enough. All the things God has done in my life and is doing, they would take up all day to thank for.
I pick the one thing I'm most grateful for; my husband.
Lord, I thank you for this wonderful man you have given to me to take care of. And though I fail miserably in loving him the way he deserves to be loved, he is my earthly rock. He is patient and kind with me. He teaches me about God's love. It is so hard for me to understand, that unconditional love. To be showered with overwhelming, undeserved love. Grace. Agape. It surprises me so often. Why would any one human being love another before themselves? I still don't understand. But I don't have to. All I have to do is take the gift. Even that is hard for me. It's more than someone showing up for Christmas with a beautiful gift and you don't have a gift to give in return. You don't deserve the gift in the first place.
Today I give thanks for this wonderful man in my life. There are no words to express my gratitude. It is a joy inside of me that does not easily flow out as words. It's the warmth I feel when I am around him. The safety and security. The fellowship. The guidance he provides to this easily distracted woman. How he keeps me focused and makes me a better person. How he makes me actually live this life. Breath deep. Drink from the well. His words, so wise. I love every part of him. Without him, I would be lost. He has brought me closer to God than any other person. Because of him, I have found God. For all that, I am eternally thankful.

3 comments:

  1. Ein schönes Bild von den beiden
    Kannst du auch mal Deutsch schreiben, dass ich was verstehe. HIHI
    Kuß MAMA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me cry...this is beautiful. I can identify with these feelings---my husband has loved me deeply and through him I have learned to trust. I have no idea why I was blessed with him, but I am grateful. I love to see happy marriages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kendra. I ditto that, love seeing happy marriages too. It's good to be in good company. :-)

    ReplyDelete