Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2014

What We've Been Up To...

I don't really have anything particular to post about but do have pictures that I'm sure my mom would love to see.  :-)

Abigail has been an exceptionally busy book worm.  Mostly, because she fell in love with Junie B. Jones books and we got all of them from the library.  She's been reading non-stop, every time I come from the library.  I think I stopped at our local library almost every day last week just to supply my kids with enough books to read.  They have been devouring them.  Here is Abby halfway hanging from the table and reading another Junie B. Jones book.  Although Abby is not happy that Junie B. says "D--n".  She tells me so often.

Thank you, Oma!  Isabelle loving every bite of this German chocolate Santa Claus. (Oma, das Hemd ist eins das du geschickt hast.)

Ah, the Wii.  My kids have been loving it.  We still only have the basic games that came with it, Tangled, Mario Kart and Mario Olympics.  They usually get to play either on Fridays or Saturdays.  But with me being pregnant and tired, they have gotten a little more than that....  They love it most when adults join them.  Uncle Mike and dad are always welcome.

Abby's other obsession: Frozen music.  At uncle Mike's birthday party, uncle Rusty, Olive, Rosie and Abby watched Youtube and listened to the Frozen song "Let it go".  Abby has the song as well as the movements memorized.  She sings it ALL DAY LONG.  I'm not kidding you.  I dream of the song and it is in my head all throughout the day.  I may go crazy.

On one strange occasion I found this: Both dog and Nathan in the crate.  Life with boys can be mysterious.

The dog has taken over the couch.  At least he tries.  Dave's favorite spot belongs to the dog when Dave's not around or kids don't tell him to go down.  He's such a good dog.

Grandma has been helping me a lot lately.  I've been told to slow down and so grandma comes over once a week to help me with laundry and dishes and the kids.  I love it when she is here.

With grandma comes sugar.  Lots of it.  Here Abby is enjoying a banana popsicle (yuk!).

And Isabelle at one after another.  After another.  After another.  Days with grandma are well loved.

The dog getting really comfortable.  Abby with her beloved bear.  I'm not sure how much longer I can sew that bear.

Abby proudly displaying her velvet coloring sheet.  She earned the set after getting a full sheet of star stickers.  Star stickers are awarded for good attitude with homework, chores, for extra help for mom or siblings, for getting along with siblings and just generally very nice behavior.  And anything else mom deems fit.

More readers.  Nathan has read almost every book in the Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne.  Abby is finishing some of the last books of Junie B. Jones by Barbara Park.  Nathan has also been reading lots of books on the reticulated python, anacondas and other pythons.  I've learned a lot since then.  His latest interest are baseball cards, particularly of Ken Griffey, Jr.  His recent dinosaur phase has passed along with his school project.  Once it was over, he no longer wanted to read about Megalodon or other dinosaurs.  He went back to his beloved snakes.  He also wanted to have one for a pet. I told him Oma would never come again if he had one.  He wondered if he could hide it while she was here.  Ah, I can just picture that going wrong....

The kids read extra today as there is a contest at school for the readers who read the most during a month.  Abby has 1155 minutes minimum!  Crazy.

Nathan is trying to reach 1000 reading minutes this month and is about 1.5 hours away from that goal.  (Update: He made it!)  It would be the first time for him to reach that many minutes.  He also got his own library card this month. 

Other than that, we are in full swing with baseball practices and have been blessed with some great weather.  With the good weather, I take the kids to the nearby playgrounds at the schools where David has his team practice.  He is such a good coach.  Yes, I need to brag about that.  Makes me fall in love with him all over again.

1 comment: