Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Friendship Week - Margie

It seems that all my friends are God-sent.  Margie in particular came to me during a very difficult time in my life.  My dad had passed away, and I was generally lost, not sure where to go or what to do.  God swooped me up and put me in this little nest of strong spiritual people: Jerry, Dany, Debbie, Karen and of course, Margie.  While I wasn't quite sure what made these people so special, I was soon learning that they were all mature Christians.  They were all very kind, patient, wise in a wisdom that was different.  It made sense.  
Anyways, I started working for Dr. T. in his basement as he was building up a new company and I worked there every day next to lovely Margie.  And she is truly a lovely woman.  She is a great example of a Christian wife and mother.  Someone you want to imitate.  Margie patiently sat with me every lunch and ate with me and listened to me.  She did this every day.  Just listened and sat and spoke softly to me.  Gave me hope in a time when I didn't have much.  Showing me beauty in all the little things, such as a sunny day after a long winter.  Swinging on a back yard swing and just enjoying each other's company.
Margie listened to countless hours of how I met this young gentleman who was so different from the rest.  How much I liked him.  As a matter of fact, the whole office indulged me.  Jerry even took it upon himself to interview poor Dave.  :-)  
Margie helped us on our wedding day, was there for each baby born, visited my mom when she was here.  She's invited us over for dinners and lunches.  My kids play with her great-grandchildren and her granddaughters (who are my age) invite me to sit with them and talk.  
Margie is very special to us.  We haven't seen much of each other lately since I started homeschooling and I'm realizing I need to invite my friend.    That is what I will do now.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment