Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sailboats and a Raft

My sister-in-law Megan had recommended an great chopping tool (potato crinkle cutter) that lets her daughters safely chop veggies.  I ordered one for our girls and do they ever love it!  That tool in combination with Abby recently taking her second Chopped Jr. cooking class at Friday School, inspired her to make her own recipe.  She spends a long time making tiny chops of carrots and cheese.  She cuts big pieces of celery and fills them with these tiny chops.  Then she added a bit of parsley we had in the fridge and garnished them with a mayonnaise/sour cream dressing I had on hand from a macaroni salad.  It was yummy and healthy and pretty looking!  She has made it for me twice now and I love it!  She even named them.  Sailboats and a raft.

Abby and her note asking if she can make her "speical" recipe.

My cook.  When she is not cooking, she is always reading.  And has messy hair.  :-)  I love that girl!

1 comment: