Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Seaquest B&B in Yachats, Or




After 10 years of being with my kids every day, my wonderful husband took me on a trip with just the two of us to our favorite beach on the Oregon coast.
I'll admit, at first the thought was terrifying.  You see, we don't really have family that can watch all four of our kids.  Lorena, David's mom, had never done this task all by hersef.  But after I had my concussion in November, I realized that she is very capable.  And off we went!


The Seaquest B&B is where we had previously stayed, before kids.  We had loved it there and it has one of our favorite agate beaches right outside the door.  The owners had changed but the reviews were still excellent, so this time we stayed in the suite.  Dave and I loved it.  It wasn't even strange to be without the kids.  And although I thought I'd sleep in every morning, I didn't.  Well, until 7:30am, so technically that is sleeping in.
The waves outside are always calming to me.  How that is, is a mystery as they would swallow us whole were we out there!  Blessed ignorance?  We stayed around our B&B for most of the time, only really for one trip to Waldport to find little something for Nathan and grandma (unsuccessful).

We found great coffee at the Hilltop in and a great sandwhich, although skip the chowder.  The best food of the trip was at Heidi's Italian Diner where Dave had the best lasagna he's ever had.  And he's had a lot.  
We spent hours scouring the beach along our B&B, searching for treachures.  This time if year is great for this and we ended up with quite a haul.  Even just half an hour excursions yielded quite a bit.  At Cape Lookout, a short trip (due to daylight ending) gifted us with full pockets of the more white and blue agates (really they are chalcedony as they aren't banded).  The beach by the B&B had more of a reddish tone, I belief called sardonyx?  Both are gorgeous.  We also found a vast number of seashells and Abby's favorites were abundant at the B&B.  We've already planned some crafts with them.


Dave noticed that the little river were we look for rocks had changed its path this time of year.  The waves were great, the weather fantastic, even sunny one day.  It was perfect.

And that was indeed a bold eagle!  Just hanging out by the ocean.  It stood so still the whole time the waves went up to it, which made me think it needed help.  But it was perfectly fine, just enjoying the beach.



Dave made me a fire every night.  So lovely and relaxing and warm.  We could see the fishing boats in the distance because of their lights.  Our suite was very lovely .  I miss it already.  :-)


The B&B from the outside.  Dave and I spent so most of our time here.  I loved this trip and it was so lovely to spend time with just my husband.  It was great and it will be cherished for a long, long time. 

Thanks my love!

1 comment: